Thursday, March 6, 2008

Those who don't believe in love at first sight, never gave birth to the love of thier life!

In case I haven't mentioned it... I am a first time mom! I never knew how much it would change my life! He is absolutelyy perfect... spoiled... but I wouldn't have it any other way! He is growing more and more everyday!

My pregnancy was not exactly what I had expected! I knew that I would gain weight... but I looked ridiculous! These pictures were taken the morning that I had Ben. I also Had pregnancy induced hypertension. It began when I was in my 7th month and was controlled well with medication.. until my last month. My BP gradually began to rise even with my medication. So, my doctor decided to induce me on November 12, 2007. I was SO HAPPY!! I was 5 days away from my due date. I began the induction at 6am that morning and was completely dilated 12 hours later. I had an epidural which made everything better, until I began to push. I started having excruciating pain in my right side and back that the medication from the epidural was not helping. The nurses said his head was turned in that direction, and he must have been pressing on a nerve. I pushed for an hour, but the pain was so bad that I couldn't quit throwing up! So, my doctor said that I could push for another hour or go ahead and have a C-section. I opted for the section!!

John Benjamin Griffin (Ben) was born at 8:28pm on November 12, 2007 via C-section! I can't describe the feeling of hearing my baby cry for the first time! I am about to cry just thinking about it!! He was absolutely perfect! He was 7lbs 14oz and 19 1/2 inches long... not HUGE, but big enough! The nurses said that I had some extra fluid which was why my belly was so big. My feet were hardly ever swollen when I was pregnant, but after I gave birth they were so swollen I could barely walk and couldn't wear ANY of my shoes! Les was such a proud dad and very relieved that we were both OK. He was so protective over Ben and couldn't quit staring at him!
Adjusting to a new baby was a little difficult, esp. when I had a section. The soreness and stiffness took forever to go away!! But now I feel like an expert! Our lives have changed, but for the better! I can't imagine life without him!!



0 comments: