Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Kinda new at this!

OK folks... I am new at this, so bare with me! If you are reading my blog, then you are someone who knows me... or think you do! Ha Ha! Here is a little background for everyone.
I am from the best small town in the world... Mathiston! It is LITERALLY a 4-way stop on a highway! I was raised in a very, shall we say, well known family! Being a Gilliland meant a couple of things: 1) Family ALWAYS comes first!!! 2) Work HARD for everything 3) Help those in need even if they don't deserve it and 4) The customer is always right!! Ha Ha!! I had a little bit of a hard time with that last one!! If I wasn't one of the boss' daughters, I don't think I would have been employed at Piggly Wiggly for long! Speaking of which, the grocery business has been good to my family! As much as I hated working there in high school, if it wasn't for that store, I wouldn't be where I am now, have the family bond that I do now, or have the work ethics that I have now.
I have a great family! My mom and dad have been married for over 25 years and are still in LOVE... which used to gross me out, but with the divorce rates climbing I am thankful that they still kiss in front of us! My older sister, Rachel, recently married a great guy and they are living in Jackson. She has her dream job.. which is oddly enough somewhat in the food industry.. and her husband Otis is a cop in Morton. My little brother, Johnny (aka.. Goober), is no longer the pesky kid that used to annoy the crap out of me! He is now a 6 foot grown man.. who annoys the crap out of me! Just jokin'!! He is probably the sweetest young man I have ever met. He is thoughtful and kind and growing up so fast! He will graduate from East Webster this year and become a COLLEGE BOY!! (tear!)
After I graduated from high school, I went to Wood for a semester. My second semester was spent a MSU, where I had fun, fun, and more fun! If you ask daddy why he sent me to state he will tell you "so she could find a husband". And that is exactly what I did!
My husband is Les Griffin and I am convinced that God made him just for me! We only dated 8 months before he asked me to marry him and we will have been married 5 years in June. We have lived in several different places since we married, but now we live in Nettleton (20 miles SE of Tupelo) and like it. He is an industrial engineer and works for Phillips (previously Day-Bright). I graduated with my LPN in 2005 and decided to continue my education and graduated with my ADN (RN) in 2007. Being a nurse is what I was meant to do and I praise God that I found my true calling!!! I have worked in many facilities, but have found that agency work is for me. I am not good with the he said, she said BS nor the politics that come along with almost ever staff position that I have worked. It also allows me to be at home with my baby during the week so I don't have to put him in a daycare right now.
Speaking of my baby... well, I think I will save a special entry just for him!!! Goodnight all!

3 comments:

HeatherLynn said...

Yay! I'm glad you decided to start blogging! You will love it and you'll also start taking pictures just so you can post them on your blog! It's neat for the family and friends that don't have myspace or facebook.
Glad you're here! Love ya!

GiGi said...

Krissy...I love this "blog" thingy...as you used to say. I will do this before I would facebook. Anyway...talk to you later.
Give my BenBen a Kiss for me!!!
Love Ya!
GiGi

Rachel Craig said...

Hey Sweet girl! I love your blog page! You just need more pictures of Mr. Ben on there. LOL. And look! Mamma's even on here! COOL! We miss you guys so much and can't wait to hang out again soon. Love you all.